Find Us Online

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Clothing Ceremony

On 22 August, 2008, Feast of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, we clothed a new novice. The statue of St. Gerard Maria Majella was placed in a position of prominence for the ceremony. The cross that the statue holds contains a First Class relic of the saint. Another relic of the saint was placed on the altar of sacrifice, as was one of St Therese of the Child Jesus. The postulant answers the ritual question 'what do you ask for?':
"Divinae gratiae luminibus illustratus.... Enlightened by the light of Divine grace, I have knowledge and understanding that all the things which the world holds to be great, and which it glorifies, are empty and nothing if not vanity. ....
... My soul, firm and decided, has inspired me to cast myself before the infinite mercy of God, renouncing all things which are of this world, so that with a much greater liberty I may serve my most lovable Redeemer....
... Unde intima mihi venit persuasio.....Whence, an intimate persuasion has come to me, that the divinity has called me to consume all the days of my life which will follow, in this venerable congregation of The Sons of the Most Holy Redeemer;..."
"Indue, Fili, Dominum Jesum Christum, semper mortificationem ejus in corpore tuo circumferens. ... Son, put on the Lord Jesus Christ, always surrounding thy body with His mortification. "

The newly clothed novice, Brother Gerardo Maria Majella, stands with his mother at the shrine of St Michael the Archangel.

10 comments:

Fr Francis Wadsworth said...

With my prayer and best wishes, dear brother.

Oremus pro invicem

Anonymous said...

Dear Brother Gerardo Maria Majella, may Almighty God, who has begun this good work in you, bring it to perfection. Be assured of a special memento at the Altar and a remembrance in my prayers that your time of novitiate will be Grace-filled and lead you into the way of holiness.
Fr. John, S.S.A.

Anonymous said...

Deo Gratias

St. Jude Pray For Me said...

May the proud and radiant looks
of Brother Gerardo Maria Majella
and his mother be an example of
how much joy Our Lord can infuse into our hearts.

Jay said...

Re: last picture - O, how happy must be the mother of this young man. Nothing more and better than to rise a priest.

Anonymous said...

I am deeply moved by the photographs and the words from the ceremony. I will forward the link to a friend of mine whose young son desires to be a priest. She is a mother and will surely be touched by the last photo.

thetimman said...

God bless this young man, and all of you.

With the assurance of my prayers.

Fr Scott Bailey, C.Ss.R. said...

Dear Brother Gerardo Maria,

Ad Multos Annos!

May our dear Mother of Perpetual Help keep you in her constant care and protection now and ever.

Keep the rule, and you will become a saint. Keep the rule and fix your eyes on Our Lady and you will become a great saint.

You are in my prayers.

Fr. Scott Bailey, C.Ss.R.

Confiteor said...

Rev. Fathers and Brothers,

Your faithfulness to Tradition while answering the paternal call of our Holy Father, Pope Benedict XVI, has transformed my thinking about the crisis in the Church, and how I respond to it in my own life.

Reflecting on these things and acting on your inspiration, I've launched a web-based project that I hope will contribute something positive to the Church. If you view my blogger profile, you'll see links to two new blogs: Pro Papa Flagship and Pro Papa I. If you have a chance, please visit and leave a comment. God bless you!

Sincerely in the hearts of Jesus and Mary,

Anonymous said...

May God bless Br. Gerardo and his brothers in Christ!


  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...