Find Us Online

Monday, March 30, 2009

Memento Mori

If you were now on the point of death, already in your agony and almost breathing your last, and about to appear before the Divine Tribunal, what would you not wish to have done for God? And what would you not give for a little more time to make your salvation more secure. Woe to me, if I did not make use of the light that is now given to me, and amend my life! He hath called against me the time (Lamentations 1:15).
The time which is now granted to me by the mercy of God will be a great torment and a subject of bitter remorse to me at the hour of death, when time shall be for me no more.
O Jesus, Thou didst spend Thy whole life for my salvation, and I have been many years in the world, and yet what have I hitherto done for Thee? Alas! all that I have done gives me only pain and remorse of conscience.
O my God, I will no longer abuse the time and the light Thou affordest me, but which I have hitherto so much abused. I thank Thee for this fresh admonition which may be the last Thou wilt ever give me. But since at present Thou thus enlightenest me, it is a mark that Thou hast not yet abandoned me, and art desirous of showing me mercy. My beloved Saviour, I am sorry above all things for having so often despised Thy graces and neglected Thy calls and inspirations. I promise with Thy help nevermore to offend Thee.

Child of God,
the Lord now gives you time;
be then resolved.
In what way will you spend it?
What do you wait for?
Memento Mori!
Remember Death!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...